Recent News and Stuff
My debut young-adult novel, The Truth of Right Now, will be published by Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse on January 3rd, 2017 as part of a TWO-book deal! Stay tuned for more deets!
Welcome to Fear City
Labyrinth Theater Company's Barn Series - reading, directed by Elena Araoz. June 7th, 2016 @ 7PM - Bank Street Theater, 155 Bank Street.
CATF - reading, July 26th, 2016 @ 6:30PM - Marinoff Theatre.
Listen for the Light
Know Theatre of Cincinnati - world premiere, April 21st-May 13th, 2017
New Dramatists' Jerry A. Tishman Playwrights’ Creativity Fund workshop, directed by Nicole Watson, May 23rd-27th, 2016 - New Dramatists.
Electric Persephone in the Scorpion's Den
Director Collective - developmental workshop, directed by Kara-Lynn Vaeni, November 11th-15th, 2015.
Additional Director Collective workshop w/Kara-Lynn Vaeni, March 18th-23rd, 2016.
Lost Girls Theatre in Miami - Reading as part of the Getting Lost Reading Series, April 11th, 2016.
- It's still in its infancy, but I've completed a draft of my second book! The current title is Daughters of Jubilation and it's about black girls who have some supernatural gifts. Can't wait to share it!
- Welcome to Fear City is recognized on The 2016 Kilroys List!
- I am ridiculously excited and honored to a guest fellow at the gorgeous Bogliasco Foundation Residency this fall.
- In the spring of 2016, I had the pleasure of creating new music-theatre pieces with some amazing collaborators during New Dramatists' annual Composer-Librettist Studio, under the direction of the incomparable Ben Krywosz and Roger Ames of Nautilus Music-Theatre.
- Check out this unique sound/installation piece I am a part of called Necessary Exposure: The Female Playwright Project.
- Would you like to buy Holly Down in Heaven? You can do it right here! It's the perfect gift for readers who love dolls. Or hate them.
- I'm collaborating on a graphic novel with artist, Shawn Ferreyra, who is pretty freakin' brilliant!
Also, visit my Instagram!