Recent News & Stuff
My debut young-adult novel, The Truth of Right Now, will be published by Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse on January 3rd, 2017 as part of a TWO-book deal! Stay tuned for more deets!
Welcome to Fear City
Reading as part of Labyrinth Theater Company's Barn Series, directed by Elena Araoz.
June 7th, 2016 @ 7PM - Bank Street Theater, 155 Bank Street.
Another reading coming up at CATF, July 26th, 2016 (more info tba).
Listen for the Light
New Dramatists' Jerry A. Tishman Playwrights’ Creativity Fund workshop, directed by Nicole Watson, May 23rd-27th, 2016 - New Dramatists.
Electric Persephone in the Scorpion's Den
Developmental workshop with the Director Collective, directed by Kara-Lynn Vaeni, November 11th-15th, 2015.
Additional Director Collective workshop w/Kara-Lynn Vaeni, March 18th-23rd, 2016.
Reading as part of the Getting Lost Reading Series at Lost Girls Theatre in Miami, April 11th, 2016.
- It's still in its infancy, but I've completed a draft of my second book! The current title is Daughters of Jubilation and it's about black girls who have some supernatural gifts. Can't wait to share it!
- I am ridiculously excited and honored to a guest fellow at the gorgeous Bogliasco Foundation Residency this fall.
- In the spring of 2016, I had the pleasure of creating new music-theatre pieces with some amazing collaborators during New Dramatists' annual Composer-Librettist Studio, under the direction of the incomparable Ben Krywosz and Roger Ames of Nautilus Music-Theatre.
- Check out this unique sound/installation piece I am a part of called Necessary Exposure: The Female Playwright Project.
- Would you like to buy Holly Down in Heaven? You can do it right here! It's the perfect gift for readers who love dolls. Or hate them.
- I'm collaborating on a graphic novel with artist, Shawn Ferreyra, who is pretty freakin' brilliant!
Also, visit my Instagram!